Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vienna

Had the most awesome day in Vienna, spend a night with my friend and sipped Wheat beer along the quai of the Danube canal. Chantarelles Salad for dinner with homemad bread and "grammelfett" an Austrian specialty. This morning deposited my luggage in a locker and off I went to the centre of town, where the St Stefan´s cathedral stands. Found the teashop I wanted to find, but on the way found a most interesting Tea Salon with a tasting room. Sampled a beautiful 1st flush Darjeeling and made friends with the owner. I will post the pictures some other time. I am having difficulty with uploads. Lunch the typical Wienerschnitzel am Nashmarkt, sort of a market with lots of specialty stands.
It took me lots of questions and 2 hours to find Suessi, the French tea salon. Well, when I found it, it was this very tiny tea place, not much bigger than my hall, but very French! Turns out that one of the owners studied in Toronto for 8 years. What a small world it is. Suessi is the Austrian store representing Marriage Frere of Paris. (forgive my spelling). Drank a green Oolong with a touch of Lavender, my goodchild sampled a Vanilla Sencha, not bad. They were out of macroons, and so we only had tea. Back to centre of down to see some of the typical sites and an afternoon delight of Icecream at an Italien Ice Salon... yummy. Then via train to a down in Styria, which will be home base until Monday.
So far I sampled more wine and beer and local cuisine than tea... but that is most enjoyable too.

Talk to you soon, oh btw, my facebook might not always work, so I will use my blogsite more often.

1 comment:

  1. YOU could teach a course within the Tea Sommelier program about the relative commercial aspects between countries! Why not? I can help you pitch the idea and even work on the content. What a great excuse to travel and experience tea. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete