I have started to pack. Since I am travelling a lot solo and traversing Europe mostly by train, my aim is to pack "light". So far, I am doing well. I might not even have to check in any luggage. Still not sure about taking a camera and a camcorder. Both have it's uses.
Doing more research on places to go. Slight change in plans already. Will stay in Vienna over night at a childhood friends apartment. Then take the next day to visit 3 tea establishments.... I found tea lounges in Vienna... they were not there 5 years ago. This will be such a treat. One just around St Stefansdom, another close the Operngasse, called Suessi, saw pictures already, and my mouth is already watering from all the pastries I saw. It will be nice to compare Viennese Macarons to the Parisian kind. A third place,my friend will find out more about first.
Still lots of other plans for this week. It's amazing how time speeds up. Today, managed to pick some raspberries, green and yellow beans, peas and also early potatoes. It was a beautiful morning, cool breeze, perfect picking weather. Having an assortment of my mornings work for dinner and most definitely raspberries with icecream.
Brushing up on my french, have forgotten so much, but I am sure it will come back as soon as I hear it spoken all around me. Bought book of the most common "phrases" , it looks promising.
No comments:
Post a Comment