Thursday, July 21, 2011

Europe with a purpose

10 days, and I will fly to Vienna and a month of homage to my roots and discovering parts of Europe new to me. It has been over 4 years since I have been back. I no longer own a place to stay. I don't like to second guess decision, but I think I would have loved to be able to just "go to my childhood home" for a spell.

However, this leaves me free to roam and that is my plan.

Leaving Toronto on August 1 to arrive in Vienna the next day. Train to my cousin, which will be homebase for a while. Not spending a lot of time, off to enjoy the company of my cousin in Slovenia... I know they have surprises in store. Plans to visit Wattens in Tirol, I am a Swarovsky fan and always wanted to visit Kristallberg. Side trips to Italy, hopefully Milano or Bologna, I do want to dip my feet into the sea.

Taking mostly trains, that way you get to see things. Plans on passing through Switzerland to Lyon and then taking train to Paris. Hotel is booked from August 21-25, nice little hotel in the middle of Montmatre.... can't wait to walk the streets.

Taking Eurostar to London on 25 to stay in a flat around Kings Cross. Easy access to everything. Meeting Jane Petigrew and Denise, some friends from ATAA.

Have a loose itinerary, not beholden to anyone, just myself taking a well deserved break.

Hoping to blog while on route, never done this before, so will see what happens.

Until then, Ingrid

1 comment:

  1. Blogging about your trip is SOOO worth it! You will have it forever...all the little details of everywhere you've been. You are a fantastic story teller and I can't wait to hear about your experiences.
    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete